Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What I love about this time of year....

It's been so busy that I feel like the season is passing too quickly. Our Christmas break from school officially began today. Now I want to jump into the spirit of the season with both feet. Here are some of the things I love most...

* The reminders of Jesus

* Getting Family picture Christmas cards in the mail. I love to see how the kids have grown and how families have changed. They always make me smile.

* Reading Christmas stories together each night- some of our favorites include The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado, Olive the Other Reindeer by Vivian Walsh and The Grinch who Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss.

* Christmas music playing everywhere.

* Traditions-

* Christmas ornaments and the stories behind them

* The parties

* Having a good excuse to share gifts with the people we love

* The food, oh the food.

* Watching Christmas movies

* Taking the Christmas lights drive in our pjs with hot chocolate. It's hard to talk Todd into the pjs, but he is usually a good sport. This year his Christmas pj's are plaid pants, so it may be harder this year.

* Baking

* The anticipation- it still gets me and I'm all grown up. Now it really doesn't have anything to do with "What will I get". It's something more.

* Family time

* Watching the surprise on the faces of Grant and all his cousins on Christmas morning when they get "that gift" they really wanted.

* The excitement in the air- you can almost feel it.

* The memories that are made every year.

2 comments:

  1. Great minds do think a like! I keep thinking of more and more things to add to my list. I love this time of year!!! Now lets slow down and enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I love your kids quotes from your class. Those are hilarious! How do you ever keep a strait face? LOL! I never realized how refreshing Skittles could be.

    ReplyDelete