It's been so busy that I feel like the season is passing too quickly. Our Christmas break from school officially began today. Now I want to jump into the spirit of the season with both feet. Here are some of the things I love most...
* The reminders of Jesus
* Getting Family picture Christmas cards in the mail. I love to see how the kids have grown and how families have changed. They always make me smile.
* Reading Christmas stories together each night- some of our favorites include The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado, Olive the Other Reindeer by Vivian Walsh and The Grinch who Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss.
* Christmas music playing everywhere.
* Christmas ornaments and the stories behind them
* The parties
* Having a good excuse to share gifts with the people we love
* The food, oh the food.
* Watching Christmas movies
* Taking the Christmas lights drive in our pjs with hot chocolate. It's hard to talk Todd into the pjs, but he is usually a good sport. This year his Christmas pj's are plaid pants, so it may be harder this year.
* The anticipation- it still gets me and I'm all grown up. Now it really doesn't have anything to do with "What will I get". It's something more.
* Family time
* Watching the surprise on the faces of Grant and all his cousins on Christmas morning when they get "that gift" they really wanted.
* The excitement in the air- you can almost feel it.
* The memories that are made every year.