Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Summer Recap- May

This summer just flew by and since I haven't scrapbooked in a while, I decided to do a recap here on my blog so when I finally get the scrapbook stuff out again I'll have a point of reference.

Our May began with a pretty big event- the birth of Gabe. We had been waiting a long time for this little man. But on May 8, after many hours of labor and then a c-section, he arrived.





I came home from the hospital on Mother's Day. Todd and the boys surprised me with a journey necklace and a sweet card with my first picture of all three of my boys. What a special day. And for the first time in a very long time, I was able to be with my mom on Mother's Day.



My mom stayed with us for the first week after Gabe's birth. Todd's mom and dad stayed the second week. What an extra special blessing to have so much help after the c-section. Because of their help, my recovery was so much easier. Since I could take it easy, by the time two weeks was over I was well on my way to feeling better.





Gabe was able to meet his buddy Elijah for the first time. It was such a neat thing for Jenn and I to be pregnant at the same time. We had walked through some difficult moments of the infertility struggle together. We both loved that God not only allowed us to have these precious boys, but he also gave us the bonus of being pregnant together.



Grant spent a lot of time snuggling and getting to know his baby brother.



Award Day at Evangel. Grant received the truthfulness character award and the A honor roll for the year.





The end of soccer season.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing these highlights for May and am so thankful for these wonderful memories!!

    ReplyDelete