I know the new year is already a week old, but I still wanted to remember all the great things about 2008. Here are some of my favorite memories...
1. We welcomed our sweet baby Gabe and Grant became a big brother.
2. Time with friends- Superbowl parties, Daytona 500, an unbelievably wonderful baby shower, parades, blackberry picking, movies, birthdays, carving pumpkins, baby dedications, baptisms, Bible study, community group, Christmas celebrating and plain old living life together- what a blessing!
3. Getting to be a part of starting the Angel Food ministry at our church. It's lots of fun and it is an encouragement to many. In case you'd like to learn more about it, click here.
4. My brother returned safely after serving for 7 months in Kuwait.
5. We were able to celebrate the baptism of several of our friends' children.
6. We welcomed a new niece and found out about another one that will be arriving soon.
7. Grant had a great second grade year and enjoyed the beginning of third grade. I'm so thankful for all the fun he has had learning about so many things.
Egyptian Diorama in second grade
Egyptian day- Grant making his best Pharaoh face
Third grade- Greek Golden Age Diorama- The Peloponnesian War due on Team Spirit Day (Grant's favorite Day of the school year.)
8. For a short while I went back to teaching a precious group of four year olds. It was a great year that reminded me how much I enjoy being in a classroom.
9. All of Gabe's exciting firsts- first time to smile, roll over, sit, army crawl, to sleep through the night (that one time :) ), first two teeth, etc.
10. Hearing that Granny's cancer was small and contained and watching her recover so well from her surgery. What a precious gift from God.
11. Spending time with family at Thanksgiving, Christmas and throughout the year.
12. Our trip to Atlanta in August.