Monday, March 23, 2009

Saying Goodbye

On Saturday we said goodbye to a very special four year old princess. Our friends Karen and Scott's daughter Cassi had been battling cancer since she was 11 weeks old. Early Wednesday morning that battle ended. Now she is in the presence of our Heavenly Father with a whole, healthy body that will never again feel pain.


Balloons were let go after the service to remind all of us that we can release our sadness and grief to God with hope. It was an incredibly beautiful moment.



The words of the following song have been on my mind since I heard it sung on Saturday during Cassi's service. I look forward to the day I am in His house even more now.

Better is One Day
by Matt Redmond

How lovely is Your dwelling place
Oh, Lord Almighty
For my soul longs and even faints for You

For here my heart is satisfied
Within Your presence
I sing beneath the shadow of Your wings

CHORUS:
Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere

One thing I ask and I would seek
To see Your beauty
To find You in the place Your glory dwells

One thing I ask and I would seek
To see Your beauty
To find You in the place Your glory dwells

CHORUS

My heart and flesh cry out
For you, the living God
Your Spirit's water to my soul

I've tasted and I've seen
Come once again to me
I will draw near to You, I will draw near to You

2 comments:

  1. She's flitted around my thoughts for weeks. I never even met her. Only have seen pictures, but she's just stayed with me. I love the picture of the balloons...

    ReplyDelete