Thursday, May 13, 2010

Relay For Life

Walking in the relay has become a tradition for our family. This year we decided to spend the night. We brought our tent. Gabe did pretty well- only woke up once. It was a fun, family night.

One of the teams had a great fund raising idea. They made lap counters. For each lap you earned a clear bead when you walked four laps you would receive a purple bead signifying one mile. At each five mile point, a white star was awarded.



I bought one for me and one for Grant. They were great motivators. Grant and I had some great bonding moments while walking our 13 miles. The best part of the night (or wee hour of the morning) was walking the last lap of our twelfth mile getting us to mile 13. We were exhausted, but determined. We held hands and cheered as walked across our finish line. It was a small victory, but it was a huge confidence builder for my boy. A precious parenting moment for his mom.

The all night crew...



Our car ride home...




I took this about 30 minutes after we got home after we had our Dunkin' Donuts. They were exhausted. Apparently, so was I since I didn't see the wet diaper laying on the floor by Todd before I took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment