Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just thinking

1. I've been reading through the Proverbs here lately. There is not much of life that's not covered in that book. Now, to live it.

2. Grant is almost officially a 6th grader- one more week in the Grammar school, then we are moving upstairs. Sixth grade will bring multiple teachers, lockers, dances, more freedom, more responsibility. We attended the informational meeting last night and it was exciting for the kids and, if most of the parents are like me, I believe a little surreal for us. As I was looking around at the kid's faces, most of whom I've know since they were five years old,  I realized I was seeing the last traces of little kid. They are maturing. They are changing. They are growing up. It's a good thing. It is a good thing. But, wow, it makes me really want to live every minute that I have with Grant more intentionally.

3. I read this blog post last night after the meeting. Perfect reminder and perfect timing.

4. Only 45 days until I see U2 in Nashville. And just so you know, I had to count the days to write that sentence. I really don't have a count down on my bulletin board like a teenager, but I probably should, because I am that excited about it.

One of my favorites-