Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 19-28

Well, I got behind on my Joy Dare, so I'm using today to catch up. Most of these days will be minus the pictures, and I'm just going to be ok with that. It's about the heart, right?

July 19
Three gifts baked...

Chocolate chip oatmeal coconut cookies- got to bake them and share them with friends.

Pizza with friends.

Blueberry muffins.


July 20 
A gift in light, dark and shadow...

Light- The sunrise

Dark- Storm clouds that brought much needed rain.

Shadow- Todd took these pictures to try out a new technique. Love them.




July 21
Three gifts of story...

We gave Gabe this book for Christmas. It just makes my heart happy when he brings it to me and asks for a story. It is truly a beautiful children's Bible.


Haven't been able to stop thinking about this one since I've read it. 

Today we remembered precious Mamba's story. He life was tragically cut short one year ago today. His story touched the heart of many I love. And, even though I never met him, I'll never forget him.




July 22
Three gifts understated...

My morning coffee.

This snuggly little beagle.

Having the kind of friend that would clean my kitchen. Just because. 




July 23
A gift high, low and far away...

High- Ceiling fans that help our poor, always running, air conditioner keep things cooled off in the Alabama summer.

Low- Today is a low pressure Monday. That is especially nice since last week was so busy.

Far away- My parents and brothers (and sister in law and nieces, too). I'm not glad that they are far away, but I am thankful for them.


July 24
Three gifts of sand...

Psalm 39:17-18  
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand —
Photo credit

Long walks with sand between my toes and the sound of the waves in my ears.

Sand castles, digging for the tiny white crabs, and footprints.


July 25
Three gifts of ending

The Deathly Hallows- it maybe the best ending to a book series ever. I just re-read it. It's my favorite summertime read.

Tribes ended for the summer. Grant has enjoyed experiencing summer in the youth group.

Seasons.


July 26
Three gifts fresh

Veggies from a road side stand.

Lemon water.

Clean sheets.



July 27
A gift on vacation, at home, in relaxation...

Vacation- The knowledge that one is right around the corner.

Home- Since I'm hosting a baby shower this weekend, our house is clean from top to bottom. Ahhh.

Relaxation- Dinner out with sweet friends and no kids! We were able to have full, uninterrupted conversation and lots of laughter.


July 28
A gift of beginnings...

Our friends Brian and Ashley are beginning a new adventure and church plant in Chicago. We are so excited to see how God will work in this dream they have patiently waited to see come to fruition.

A baby shower for twin girls who are dearly loved and arriving soon.

We are about to begin a new phase of parenting. Grant is entering the teen years next week. Looking forward to finding the things I love about this phase. I sure do love him.




3 comments:

  1. 1, where are you getting the ideas for the 3 gifts each day. I like the focus of that. and 2, I miss chocolate chip coconut cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I made your blog. I love you so much! Thank you for letting me clean:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy- the ideas come from Ann Voskamp's Joy Dares. She puts a new one up on her blog each month. I like the challenge.
    And I love both you Amys. :)

    ReplyDelete