Friday, July 5, 2013

Five Minute Friday

Linking up for Five Minute Friday from Lisa-Jo Baker‘s blog.
The rules: write for 5 minutes– no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
Hop over to Lisa's blog to visit other posts that were freely written in just five minutes.



Today's word
Beautiful...

Last week I finished reading Corrie Ten Boom's book Tramp for the Lord. 
Concentration camp.
The death of family she dearly loved.
The loss of friends she treasured.
So many hard things, but the only word I can think of to describe this book and her life is beautiful. 

Corrie lived a life of abandon for the God she loved. She listened to the Holy Spirit when He said yes and when He said no. When he said go and when He said stay. She obeyed when He said trust me for all you need. She did, He was faithful.

This book has made me think more than any book in recent history.

In the concentration camp she saw beautiful provision.

With the death of her beloved sister she gained the framework for a beautiful dream that brought many to Christ.

With the willingness to follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit in her life, she saw Him orchestrate a beautiful plan. Hard, but beautiful.

Ugly pain. Beautiful grace.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi, visiting from FMF- Grace does make it beautiful in the hard places. She was a beautiful survivor! Her life shows us what we can be when we trust Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping over from FMF.

    Wow. This is also something I needed to read today, as I am struggling with following His will for my life and trying to figure out what that is.

    It's a hard ride, but the end result is definitely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a book I highly recommend. It rocked my world in some ways. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. I'm so glad it was what you needed today. :)

      Delete
  3. Loved The Hiding Place, but hadn't gotten to this one. I'm going to have to look it up now.

    And it sounds cliche sometimes, but one of my favorite things about our King is how He turns all things into beauty. The more I think about it, the more I'm amazed at Him. Thanks for posting this today, I needed the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi,

    Ok, I had no idea there was a sequel to the Hiding Place! I am putting Tramp for the Lord on my book list! I love how you are able to see the beauty in Corrie Ten Boom's story. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi, from your description of that book, it's easy to see how you would describe her story as beautiful. Living a life entirely for God, despite any other circumstance, is beautiful indeed. I'll have to check out that book. Thanks for sharing. ~Tanya, visiting from FMF

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen to ugly pain, beautiful grace! And she is such a picture of beauty!

    ReplyDelete