Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11

Typically, I am not a date remembering person. I have to make a concerted effort to remember birthdays or anniversaries. I'm more of a memory person. I remember the events, the people, the feelings, the words, just not usually exactly what day or year they happened.

But there is one date I can't forget. I couldn't even if I tried.

September 11.

All it takes is the mention of "September 11" to take me back...

The towers hit.
The confusion.
The pentagon.
The towers falling.
The field in Pensylvania.
The words "Let's Roll."
The fear. Prayers. Tears.
The breakdowns of seasoned journalists.
The patriotism.
The heroes.
The resolve of our president.
The pictures on the fence in New York. 
The quiet skies as air travel was suspended.
The families.
The anger.
The solidarity of our allies.
The soldiers.
The loss.
The pride.
The unity.


Every year the tears come. Every year I remember what I felt that day. May that never change.




No comments:

Post a Comment