Friday, April 27, 2007

Walk in the Park

Since Todd had to go into work early today, he was able to leave work early. Whenever that happens, we try to do something fun with those extra few hours. So, Grant and I met him at Alderidge Garden, a family favorite. The weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold.

Grant was really hoping to see "wild life" on the hike and we did. Now, it wasn't the same as the three bears and rattlesnake he saw in the Smoky Mountains, but it was "wild life" just the same.

One squirrel, three turtles, and a whole bunch of the sweetest little baby geese (being protected by two big geese).

I guess it sounds pretty ordinary, but I left the park feeling amazingly grateful for that time with my family. I love the simple moments. Life is built on them.

1 comment: