Friday, March 25, 2011

Today's Five

1. Well, we are looking for a new car. A used, low mile Honda mini-van to be exact. As we were doing our on-line search last night, I just kept thinking about how thankful I am for our 2001 Accord with 188,000 miles. It's been paid for for over six years now. It's full of memories. Grant was two when we bought it. We've traveled all over the country in it. It's been safe, comfortable and really had very few problems. Most of the problems we've had with it have been age-related. The older I get the more age-related problems I have, so I won't be pointing any fingers at my car. :)
I'm going to miss our Accord when it's time to say goodbye. It was my dream car. What can I say- I'm a pretty simple girl.

2. This older, very informative cookbook a friend let me borrow. 


3. Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Recipe to come in another post.

4. The rain that washed all the pollen away today. My three boys suffering from itchy eyes and breathing issues really needed the clean air the rain left behind.

5.The basketball goal in our driveway. It was the perfect Christmas present for Grant a few years ago. We've had a lot of family fun shooting hoops lately. He told me the other day I was way better than he thought I'd be. He said it with a look of almost reverence- I haven't seen that in a while, since he's getting older and I don't know as much as I used to in his eyes. It made my heart happy.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE #1. :)

    and I would really love #3 if I could taste them. :)

    ReplyDelete