Friday, September 28, 2012

Five Minute Friday

It's five minute Friday again...

Today's prompt...grasp

When I read the word this is the image that popped in my mind.
photo credit
It's been years since I've seen this movie, don't watch much Tom Cruise these days, but I vividly remember this scene. The straining muscles, the facial expression, the effort it took to just hold on.

Grasping takes real effort, concentration, focus. It's human nature to hold on.
People
Places
Memories
Money
Things
Status
Approval.

Life is filled with grasping. Holding on.

Scripture talks about holding on, too, just not to any of those things. Instead it reminds us to grasp tightly to the One who holds all things in His much more capable hands.

Today, Father, help me grasp tightly only to You.

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen that movie, however, the picture is very "telling". What would happen if I truly "grasped" my faith like that? I'm stopping in from FMF, loved seeing your writing from "grasp". :)

    ReplyDelete