Thursday, October 18, 2012

A show about duck calls?

As a rule, I am not a fan of reality shows.  With the exception of The Apprentice- season 2, which we watched because a college friend was one of the contestants, we've never been hooked on a reality show.  I can't even think of one that has held our interest for more than one episode.

Typically, it's hard for me to believe that there is much that is actually real on reality tv. Is anyone interesting enough, without added drama and some scripting, to be consistently entertaining? Usually, no.

The other night Todd was at a meeting, I had a big pile of laundry to fold, and there was nothing that I really wanted to watch on TV. After about three times through the channels I stopped on a reality show.


Nothing about the show seemed like something I would like. I'm not originally from the South. None of us hunt. I'm not a fan of unruly beards.  But, I've heard the buzz all over facebook and twitter. People talk about it all the time. Several friends have used quotes from the show as their status updates.

So, I left it on. Willie was teaching his daughter to drive. 

I might be hooked.

I mean, there are obviously scripted moments. There are plenty of things that aren't believable, but wow, it's funny.

Todd and I are quoting it already.
Mostly Jase.




1 comment:

  1. My incessant Tweeting about this show didn't pique your interest earlier?

    ReplyDelete