Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday and as much as I love the food, it's not just because of that. :) I love the reflection that comes with this time of year. I enjoy looking back over the year and thinking about all that's happen, good and bad, and taking the time to find joy in it. Today my list will be longer than just five. I sure have a lot to be thankful for...
Other than the first eight, they are in no particular order.
1. My salvation- a God who knows my every thought and action and still loves me beyond my comprehension. He orders my steps and has a specific purpose for me. That's pretty big to me.
2. Todd and Grant- there really are no words to express my gratitude for them. They mean so much.
3. The incredible blessing of this unexpected, but long awaited pregnancy.
4. My parents- all they've done for me and all they mean to me
5. My grandmother
6. My in laws- mother and father in law and Granny and Pawpaw- it's pretty amazing to have in-laws that treat you like you are one of their own, that is no small gift
7. My brothers and sisters (by blood and marriage)
8. The friends I have in my life. People that are there to laugh, cry, and just be with.
9. Freedom to live the way I want, worship the way I want, say what I want, and the people who have fought for that- now and in the past.
10. A house that meets all of our needs and is warm in the winter and cool in the hot Alabama summers.
11. The opportunity to eat good, nutritious food, everyday.
13. Internet access
14. modern day appliances, especially washers, dryers, ovens, refrigerators, and dish washers
15. Our dog- he tries my patience, but he sure brings joy to my boy. He's nice to snuggle with on chilly nights, too.
16. Dunkin' donuts
18. Whole Foods
19. my temperdic pillow
20. A car that gets me where I want to go
21. A school that is provides a great education and great teachers for Grant
There is more. Today, as we drive, we will work on our family list. That's always fun. I'll post that later.