Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Sing Lord, Come soon"

I've been listening to this song on repeat...

Tonight I learned of the death of one of my students. My memories of her are as a second grader. She was bright. She loved to draw. She loved to read. She cried when we got to the end of Charlotte's Web. She had hard things going on at home. She had so much potential.

My heart is just heavy, broken, sad and angry.

Angry at Satan- his lies, his counterfeits of love and acceptance, his deception.

She was 22.

She died because of drugs. 

At the age of 22.

2 comments:

  1. Sandi, I am so sorry. Three of my former students have died--two just a semester after I taught them. None of them were to drugs, but two were accidents. It's beyond hard when you see so much potential in a life and want to give them real hope, but lies seem to be easier for us to believe when we are hurting--especially for a child who has never experienced REAL love, only the counterfeit version. Praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Casey. I know you understand that bond you feel with your students even after many years. I don't think most kids understand how much they mean to their teachers. Thanks for your prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete